Sunday 17 February 2013

Yesterday's Trip From Another Prespective

First off: we have a quick link to a youtube video captured by the other car on the trip yesterday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJWvgK-qdA&feature=youtu.be

Natasha was travelling in down in a different car and she wrote up a blog post about the experience, it was written entirely by her.


My morning started off with having to leave my bike in the erg room for the week because there wasn't enough room in the vans.  This was a little disappointing because I was hoping to bike to and from the lake every morning, but to my relief André pointed out that there was a gym not too far from the hotel and that it only costs $20 for the week.  Then, after putting my bike and front wheel in the dungeons of Thames Hall, Matt asked me to switch vans with Jérôme because "putting him in the back would be inhumane".  I have accepted the fact that I am small, and can fit in small places, but being relegated to the back seat is never something I look forward to.  Oh well, at least I sleep well in cars because it took all of three minutes before I fell asleep.  

And this is essentially how the rest of the trip progressed for me.  We left Alumni Hall at around 5:20AM and arrived at the hotel around 9PM.  During these almost 16 hours I think it's safe to say that I slept for about 13 of them...at least.  But when I was awake, I had the pleasure of experiencing Matt's swervey driving and swearing, Lenore's entertaining comments, Waffle House and a few other stops along the way.  Here's are the highlights that I took with me:


Road rage before 10AM
Matt after ordering at Waffle House: "I'm home, baby"
André's take: "Those waffles were awful. Don't tell Matt."

Lenore: "Have you ever seen a horse pee? It's like a waterfall. "

Matt:" if advise against hitting me in the larynx right now."

Lenore, while driving the through the woods in Tennessee:"So where are the other 7 million people?" And  "if we crash we can go to a cabin and they'll give us deer soup. " 
Matt:"We're on turtle mountain...where the fuck are we?! There are only Baptist churches and no restaurants"
Lenore:"Omg that place was Called RAPERS!!"
Matt:"I'm going to firebomb the next church I see"
Lenore:"Oh a traffic light. Make it through, I don't want to get stopped here." 

Lenore when we stopped for dinner in Georgia: "I need to get out more, need to see the world. This is seriously shocking"

Maria: You can't go this way
Matt: This isn't a road?
Everyone: No!
Matt: Is it getting narrower?
Everyone: Yes!
Matt: Well shit fuck

Alex: You guys, we're alive, that's all that matters. 
Kat: I'm actually really ok with that. Were alive, the boats are in one piece. 
Alex: That's the fourth time I thought I was going to die today 
Lenore: Are we almost there? That looks like YOLO. Wait, where are we going? Gainiesville?
"We're going offroading...and Matt's going to go to Waffle House"
"I feel great right now. I'm like drunk or something "

Lenore: Are there alligators in this ocean?
André: yea, there are. I googled it. 
Lenore: why would they do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment