Saturday 16 February 2013

Our Boats Made it This Year!


This morning we set out at the very crack of dawn in on and off snowfall. Heading for hopefully warmer weather down in the south. Throughout Ohio and Tennessee the weather appeared to be improving and the temperature was slowly rising. Unfortunately, as we hit the mountains in Tennessee it got snowier and colder. The results of this are that the differences between here and London are that the lake is not frozen here, and the temperature is only a few degrees warmer than in London, oh well, every bit counts right?

The Waffle House express way never fails to disappoint, winds, traffic, random snow, waffle houses at every exit. This year, I suggested that  we listen to the ’50 shades of Grey’ audiobook. I was voted down on this account. Instead we were entertained by random music, Robin Williams, Louis CK and Michael Crichton (Airframe audio book). Admittedly, the airframe audiobook was primarily enjoyed by me because Beth, Jill and Kristen took advantage of much of the drive to catch a few winks. And by a few winks I mean a lot of winks. Oh well, it gave me the opportunity to break out some very manly singing, such as ‘Call Me Maybe’ and ‘Abba’s Greatest Hits’ things like that. While they were awake, we discussed topics which girls find quite fascinating, one of which was cars. No I am not making this up; we did indeed talk about cars on the way down here. I’m going to keep thinking that they enjoyed the conversation and weren’t just humouring me. 
Oh well, we had a good, and Chipotle-fueled trip down here. The boats made it safely this time! 
Also, for more up to the minute updates, follow @DAStedman on twitter (yes, I just plugged my twitter account)

Here's a few shots from the GoPro mounted on the dashboard:
1) Early Morning Travel on a Snowy Ontario Road


2) Sunrise Just North Of Detroit

3) A beautiful, curved pedestrian bridge in Detroit (I loved this bridge)

4) Ohio - flat, straight, and flat

5) Driving into the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee



6) Smokey Mountains In Tennessee

7) More Smokey Mountains


No comments:

Post a Comment